Mercedes-Benz 500SEC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 500SEC
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Throttle Valves May Experience Electrical Failure
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
Mercedes-Benz 500SEC Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
The electronic throttle assembly may suffer an electrical failure. It is often cheaper to send the valve to a service center for repair that to purchase a new part.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
Mercedes-Benz 500SEC Questions
cruise control does not work and neither does the snow chain light does not activate either
The driver's side auto heating function does not blow hot air. The passenger side works fine. The Air Conditioning works fine on both sides of the car when using the automatic setting.