1997 GMC Safari Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 GMC Safari
- 1997 GMC Safari Question: Van starts idles ok but misfires when revved
- Can anybody tell me where the fuel pressure test point is on my chevrolet astro
- Van starts idles ok but when revved up a few times the engine is then rough
- My van will not start after a rain unless I put a hair dryer under the hood
- HOW DO YOU SET THE TIMING ON A 1997 GMC SAFARI ? IM NOT GETTING ANY CODES
1997 GMC Safari Problems
The outside door handles are prone to breaking—all doors are affected by this condition.
The power door locks may stop working in one or more doors due to a failed actuator. Replacement of the failed actuator should correct this concern.
1997 GMC Safari Questions
Ok I have changed the cap , rotor, wires, plugs. checked fuel pressure 60psi at all times even when misfiring, have not been able to check the cat convertor where can i go next to check components and fix this i miss my chevy
I now have a fuel pressure test gauge but not sure where to fit it and a new fuel filter if si required
also when driving starts off ok but when accelerating bogs down . Have checked EGR , new plugs wires and rotor and cap what to do next
1997 GMC Safari Recalls
1997 GMC Safari Reviews
I've had my 8 passenger GMC Safari XLS van 11 years and it's a rock. The floor is original with no holes ever, the transmission is original with only a sealant replaced once with never a clunk on shifting, and the 6 cylinder engine is the original with well over 400,000 km and counting. It is also so quiet you can barely hear it running. The driver's seat is the most comfortable place to sit in...
Inner door panels keep falling off and fuel pump went out twice at a cost of $700 not a very reliable van