2000 Audi S4 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Audi S4
- new coolant sensor not working ign. test pin3 2 vlts in pin 4 2 vlts out? I know I need 5 vlts.what regulates the 5 vlt delivery is it the ECM? I have checked every fuse relay re doing connections ect.. Thank you!
- REPLACED COOLANT TEMP SENSOR AFTER CONNECTOR SHORT IT WONT WORK IS THERE RELAY
- Would you replace or rebuild a rear diff with 160k miles on it?
- I am thinking about buying a used 2000 audi s4 that has some issues with it.
- How difficult is it to change thermostat on 2000 Audi S4.
2000 Audi S4 Problems
Our technicians recommend having the constant velocity (CV) boots and CV joints inspected at each service. Servicing torn CV boots early can prevent the need to replace the CV half shaft or CV joint.
A fluid leak may develop from the propeller shaft seal on the rear of the transmission. Our technicians tell us that replacing the seal will commonly correct this concern.
2000 Audi S4 Questions
My temp sensor problem started when the connector broke from being brittle lcan you please verify the pin wire location. I haved pin 1=brown&yellow pin2=brown&white pin3red&grey pin4=brown&blue. I have 2 volts in on pin 1 2 volts out on pin 4 so i'm guessing pin 1&2 from...
IS THERE A COMMON RELAY CONNECTING THE SENSORS RE: COOLANT SENSOR FAN SENSOR ECT? i HAVE 5 VOLTS TO THE SENSOR IT DOESN'T WORK `NO BLOWN FUSES GETTING MISOUL. CODES FOR BANK 1 O/2 THEN BANK 2 i HAVE RERWIRED ALL? THE TEMP GAUGE JUST WONT RESPOND
Rear diff gearings are going. I would rather rebuild it, but my mechanic wants to swap it out with a used one. Anybody have a source for rebuild kits or know of a shop in NorCal to do the work?
2000 Audi S4 Reviews
Love my S4. I got it used and it is much better than my other two vehicles which are newer. A few minor repairs had to be made but no problems otherwise.