Reviews for Saturn SW2 years:

Saturn SW2 Reviews and Owner Comments

Saturn SW2Owner Reviews (13 reviews)
  • 1996 Saturn SW2
    Visitor, Warrenton, OR, August 31, 2012 15:44
    Bought it with 140,000 miles and really bonded with my Saturn on a 3000 mile trip last summer. It's been a reliable car. It gets great mileage and the only thing mechanically I have had to do was replace the brake disc rotors. I was able to do the work myself and it cost me less than 100 bucks. The only other negative issue I have had is the rear window wiper quit working and the front window washer fluid control went out so I added my own toggle switch to the pump motor and I am right as rain.
    Visitor, Bronx, NY, September 12, 2011 01:55
    my name ojucho, its about 7yrs that i have this 1994 1.9li dohc,this station was bought by daughter, she did'nt know any thing about car she saw it for sale and fell in love with...and bought it for $1,500,it had 105,565ml,the car runs like a baby, i can feel the torque when i'm driving it,i've change plugs, alternator,plug wires,termostat,pcv valve,airfilter,left rear strut,now think about you must mentain your vehicle at all time,look at your instr-panel and see what going on,and listen to any sound chech on your fluids, this st-wg works it,we travell to maryland,regular,upstate ny,and where the car can go.To tell U no regrets what so ever,some of my friends at first "them cars a'int good" I prove to them its dame "GOOD" its good on gas, only its a bit small for my family,before I had a 1991 astro chevy van,that had lots of room,the only mistake I make was to listen 2 my wife and did't fix D trani,D engine no problem,now any person who have a Saturn have a very good car,but we must remember that all vehicles are good, its how you mentain and service and take care of it.always remember check D motor oil, trans fluid, pwr steering, master cyl,radiator.Change oil reglr,you have to be on top of everything,drive safe,DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE REMEMBER THE LAW,DON'T PUT YOUR FAMILY OR FAMILIES IN GRIEF.Stay healthy all peace.
    Lucky Me, Van Wert, OH, September 05, 2011 06:43
    I just purchased the car had 126000 miles, transmission shifts good except torque converter does not lockup.Wondering if brakelight switch could be bad. Dana
    Visitor, Masonville, NY, April 10, 2011 09:52
    This car is pretty ghetto. Sounds good. Looks pretty sick. I LOVE the spoiler, yo. I want that car!
  • 2000 Saturn SW2
    Visitor, Savannah, GA, January 20, 2011 18:22
    Bought this car used and pretty badly beaten for $1500 and put about $1000 into it (new radiator, alignment, brakes, tires, and tune up) before driving it from California to Georgia. It's been a reliable car for about two years and at 135,000 I can't complain too much. I have never owned a station wagon before but it's spacious and once it was cleaned out, seat covers made the car look almost new. It was a perfect second hand car and I'd recommend a Saturn to anyone, except they went out of business in 2009, so now the parts are going to be discontinued and scarce.
    Visitor, Dandridge, TN, December 10, 2010 17:25
    I really love this car have only owned my 1994 sw2 for a year but before that i have always had really large cars.. this does not feel like a small car when you are driveing it.. and not bad on gas.. one thing that i did not like is that i had to replace the timming chain which was makeing some kind of noise that was makeing me go crazy.. but with it haveing 200k on it its going to happen.,.. dont even smoke,but I dont have a lead foot ...
  • 1998 Saturn SW2
    Visitor, Hurricane, WV, May 11, 2010 19:09
    Bought it new, the only thing I ever did up to 234,000 miles was replace the starter, water pump, fuel pump, front rotors, that's it! (other than tires, plugs, wires, and front brake pads) At 234,000 miles it would smoke when coasting down hill in gear and then hitting the gas at the bottom of the hill. The car was still running great but I swapped the motor for a used one at this time. Also replaced the original clutch. Should have kept the original motor, (it was probably just bad valve stem seals) the replacement motor has the same issues. I'm at 254,000 miles now, just put on 4 brand new uniroyals and will replace the original struts in the next day or two. The car is still running great, getting 32-34 MPG, and still looks good when I clean it up. It handles well, very neutral, no over/understeer problems at all. If I could buy another new one like it I would do so without hesitation.
    nelsonvega, Newtonville, NJ, October 31, 2009 14:04
    So far it has been a reliable car.
  • 1999 Saturn SW2
    Joeys48, Simi Valley, CA, October 20, 2009 23:32
    Bought my 1999 in 2009 for $5,500 with only 23k miles! It's been a great car for the money. I'm doing repairs myself which include servicing the window switch, plugs and wires. Serpentine belt. Had a problem with water collecting in 2 of the plug wells which turned out to be a recognized problem. The fix is to add a Barns leak pellet to the cooling system. That could be a major problem down the road? I don't know. That's why I'm giving just 3 stars for the engine. Other than that, the engine has been reliable. Had some vibration noise which turned out to be the head light assemblies vibrating. Put some rubber around the edges. Quieted down significantly. Changed trans fluid and filter at 30k and the trans continues to be trouble free. I like the car.
  • 1998 Saturn SW2
    KTA, Palmetto, FL, April 14, 2009 14:03
    Probably the best car I've ever owned. So far, necessary repairs have been brakes, batteries, an oil pump and a radiator. Being a former SCCA driver, this car has been opened up from it's original 124hp to 145. Suspension has been reworked and I run nitrogen in the 205/60/15 tires. It's been across the country & back several times. I never worry about it breaking. Auto trans and engine get 100% Castrol Synthetic. It uses about a quart every 15,000 miles.
    DorkBot2000, Saint Paul, MN, March 24, 2009 16:52
    First Saturn bought and I am pleased with it so far. The only issues upon purchase were brakes and tune-up needed. Very solid, it handles well on the road and feels pretty balanced. Aesthetically don't expect a very gorgeous car in the instrumentation panel.
    EjC, Saint Louis, MO, January 15, 2009 10:47
    Bought as a Demo and very dependable. Interior cosmetic problems- All in all a solid car- better than any ford escort!
    NYC Man, Warwick, NY, November 08, 2008 13:55
    Quirky, but very reliable, second owner.