Pontiac Grand Prix Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Pontiac Grand Prix
- How do you replace back lights
- Information Center says cool engine heat but when I put the car in drive and press the accelerator it won't go if I turn it off wait a minute and turn it back on it will go on but the problem will start all over again
- Bad tire rod
- Why does my car act like it's going to die while driving down the road?
- Engine loses power while driving, restarts between 2-4 minutes later. Ideas?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Pontiac Grand Prix Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
Pontiac Grand Prix Questions
I suspect I have a bad tire rod I hear a knocking sound when turn steering is very difficult to turn especially at low speeds like turning into parking lot...I've had my PS pump replaced what could this b
Pontiac Grand Prix Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews
I bought this car as my 2nd Grand Prix, the first wasnt so great, had some issues with it, mainly heating problems, way too expensive to fix, but my 06 model is very much worth every penny, only issue ive had is with the headlights, this car handles great, rides good, & just an all around good car, I get many compliments on it, its nothing fancy, just a base model, but its still a very nice car.
i love my 93 grand prix had it since 2010 in sept, the only problem i've had was a valve cover gasket, catalylic converter and left muffler. has kept the oil changed and runs really well on the road. the blizzard came 2011 and it has moved since. i think it's the starter the lights and everything come on but it won't start today the weather is a lil better i can hear a clicking sound when i try...
I have had the car for almost 2 years and some problems i have had included intake gasket needed replaced and the windows are bound to fail in my case multiple times. I don't see how there has not been a recall. Other than that it has been good even with 142000 miles.