2001 Oldsmobile Bravada Problem Reports

Most Reported 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart. Our technicians recommend replacing the fuel filter every 30,000 miles to help prevent undue strain on the fuel pump.

The CD player in the radio may fail. Our technicians tell us that the radio will need to be removed and sent out to a radio repair shop to correct this condition.

The heater core under the right side of the dashboard may leak engine coolant which can puddle on the passenger front floor. The loss of coolant may cause an engine overheating condition. Our technicians tell us that removal of the dash board is necessary to replace the heater on these vehicles.

A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.

The electrical contacts in the ignition switch may fail and result in erratic instrument panel gauge operation or illumination of the Check Engine Light. A failed ignition switch will require replacement.

On vehicles with intermittent windshield wipers, the wiper motor circuit board may fail and cause the wipers to stop working at times. Replacing the circuit board should resolve the issue. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.

The distributor may develop internal faults. This can cause a rough running engine or stalling condition, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. Our technicians tell us that the distributor should be overhauled or replaced to correct this concern.

It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.

I have a 2001 Olds Bravada. & Have been having issues with it since 2010. If I had to do it over I would say forget this SUV and have gotten a car. I've replaced wheelbearings, rear ends, fuel pumps, radiator, engine, oil changes, tires& now when you press the gas it will not accelerate. I am so fed up!!!