2006 Nissan Xterra Problem Reports

Most Reported 2006 Nissan Xterra Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

The fuel level sensor can fail causing erratic or inaccurate fuel gauge readings. The Check Engine Light may also illuminate. Nissan has recalled 2006 - 2008 vehicles only for this fuel gauge issue. For more information on the recall, please click here»

A whining or buzzing type noise may develop from the timing chain area caused by excess slack in the secondary timing chains. Nissan has issued a service bulletin (NTB09-128) regarding this issue. Replacement of both secondary timing chains and their tensioner shoes will be necessary to repair this concern. As part of this repair, the engine oil and filter should also be replaced.

The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.

My 2006 had had one problem after another , in one year I have spent over 2k in repairs and they said I will soon have to pay another 1700 to fix the quite high pitch noise I here that will soon get louder , and now my truck needs a new transmission , I am giving this car away hate it nothing but problems , and more to come . My truck started shaking bad after 60 mph and fixed it once 600$ then it happens again on other side , check engin ligh...