Mercury Grand Marquis Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercury Grand Marquis
- could there be 4 oxygen sensors on this car?
- I got a fuel pump put in a 2003 grand marquis in it still not getting any fire
- The car starts, but when I drive it, something keeps draining the battery
- Does everyone know Ford Dealer will replace the light control module for free???
- Question on estimate heater repair
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Mercury Grand Marquis Problems
The car had 64600 miles on it and the headlights started going out while driving, which can be very dangerous. The problem is in the Light Control Module which is an expensive part (around $500 to $600 + labor).
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
A spring in the seat belt buckle may wear or fail, causing the airbag light on the instrument panel to illuminate. Failed buckles will require replacement.
Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
MY engine light came on right after an oil change. I took my car back and they told me and showed me 4 "spark plug" like things under my car and told me I had 4 oxygen sensors that were not functional on the diagnostic test, so they replaced them charging $129 each $240 in labor.
also Ford will reimburse you if you already repaired it if you have the receipt?
Mercury Grand Marquis Recalls
The intermediate shafts connect the steering column to the steering gear. Vehicles in areas where salt is used to de-ice the roads are being recalled because severe corrosion can damage the lower intermediate steering shaft. This can cause the upper intermediate shaft to collapse and separate at the lower steering column bearing. Separation will result in complete loss of steering ability. Dealers will replace the lower intermediate steering shaft and inspect the upper intermediate shaft and steering column lower bearing for damage, they will be repaired or replaced as necessary. If the steering column lower bearing has separated, a retainer clip will be installed.
Additionally, Vehicle owners located where salt is not used who have concerns regarding their steering will have a one-time option to have their vehicles inspected and, if necessary, repaired.
Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews
My 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis headlights only turn on when they want to.I think it should be on recall cause in my opinion this is a safety hazard.I can be going down the road at night and they just cut off.This is dangerous.However after spending about $500.00 I have finally found the problem it was the light module.I feel that Ford/Mercury should put this on recall and pay me my money I spent...
Absolutly the best car I have ever owned. I bought it used with 22,000 miles and have owned it for 11 years. Highway milage usually exceeds 27 mpg with cruise control. Local milage averages 17 mpg. This is the LS model and has automatic temperature control that still works perfectly - and the AC system has never been recharged. I am about to decide on whether to buy another car, or just sp...
96 Mercury -locked in 'P' parking, when i want to change gears from park into drive i need to bump the brake and wiggle the steering wheel for the car to go into drive. this is a new problem... help if you know how to fix this problem thanks