Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Bad Spark Plug Wires/Ignition Coils May Cause Misfires and Possible CEL
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
Failed spark plug wires and/or ignition coils can cause intermittent misfires (rough running); the Check Engine Light may also illuminate. Diagnoses of the ignition system will be necessary to determine which components are at fault.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.
Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG Questions
The lights remained on despite the headlight switch being set to Off. Also, the security system started sounding at random intervals. I pulled three fuses to turn off the lights. The security system still sounds at random times. What would cause the lights to stay on with the engine off?
Dead battery for a couple weeks. Replaced by triple A. Radio will not turn on.
This is a very unusual problem and really don't know the cause:
There are a few occassions when I experience random moderate to excessive car body shakes (has to be caused by the engine) when I'm either at a stop sign or on the driveway with the car on idle. I'm not sure if this also...