Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG
- I got a message that says entrance position do not drive. What does this mean?
- What is ABC visit workshop warning on dashboard mean?
- Egine temperature gauge fluctuates between 80 and 100
- ABC light, ESP light, Pre-Safe Inactive light - all come on when I start the car
- radio, cd player, navigation looks working but no sound
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Problems
The active body control system can leak fluid from numerous areas, including the tandem pump, hydraulic lines, struts, and/or seals. If it is not repaired, the vehicle ride height could drop too low and cause damage to the undercarriage.
The center console armrest can break. Replacement is commonly the recommended repair.
The door for the vanity mirror (or the frame for the door) can break; due to a redesign, the mirror "cassette" will need replacement.
Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Questions
I know that all of these issues cannot have happened simultaneously. What could it be? A bad speed sensor, a dirty TCM?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Not having any driving or pneumatic height issues
it is a 2002 s55 stock with 160,000 miles
Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
The hose may corrode due to extensive exposure to humidity. This may cause fluid leakage onto the catalytic converter. This would present a fire hazard. Dealers will a new high pressure distrution hose.
The instrument cluster illumination may fail. This may result in difficulty reading the gauges, indicators, and speedometer. Not being able to see the cluster may lead to an accident. Dealers will replace the instrument cluster modules. This recall started on September 29, 2006.
Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Reviews
I have 2003 S55 65000 miles. I love the look, power and everrything about this car but I had same issue. ABC light came on and dealer told me the pump was broken. I paid $3300 to repair. Also, I had SRS lamp came up. So total was almost $5000. I am surprised that it is their flagship model but it starts to fall apart after only 64K miles. German cars have great engines but they constantly have...
bought this crap almost five years ago with only 29,000 miles on it. a few weeks later the ABC light came on .luckily it had been a recall issue.They claim it was repaired . a few weeks later ABC lights on again and hydraulic fluid leaking everywhere. Took back to dealer and was told now that the struts were shot and leaking at the tune of $3500 dollars. I was lucky enough to find a new one at ...
This has to be the worse car ever made. I have own this car since 2004. I have taken this car in for repairs to the tune of almost $45 k. 35k which was covered by warranty. I was told by the dealership that they hated to see it coming. No one wanted to work on it because they could never seem to fix all the issues. The gear was stuck the first time, the ABC suspension is a constant issue, they ...