Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG
- Will Mercedes cover the repair cost, rough shifting
- Is it better to order a new rebuilt engine (crate) or should I have a local shop
- hunting in cruise control when climbing a hill
- Thinking buying a 2007 with 60k, Wondering is there alot of maintenance issues ?
- what would make the inside of all 4 tires wear?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Problems
Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.
Due to the size and material used on the brakes of these vehicles, the brakes may start to squeak around the 50 percent wear point. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge of the rotor. Because of this, the rotors are usually replaced when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Rear air springs (bellows) may develop leaks, which causes the air pump to run more often to maintain ride height. Our technicians recommend that leaking air springs be replaced.
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Questions
Transmission rough shifting problems
Are there local tuners who can rebuilt my existing engine and get me a lot more HP/Torque for the same $$$$ ?
this occurs at 110 kph or 70 mph and will hesitate once or twice when going uphill
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Recalls
Mercedes Benz is recalling 2010 C-Class, model 204; E-Class, model 212; and 2010–2011 E-Class Coupe/Cabriolet, model 207 vehicles due to a loss of power steering fluid that could result in power steering system failure. Owners may not have sufficient control of the vehicle in areas like parking lots, thus increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will check and re-torque the connection fitting, free of charge.
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Reviews
Most versatile car I've ever owned. Rock-solid. Not one problem.
My 2011 E63 has less than 5,000 miles. A warning message "check engine oil at next refuelling" keeps coming on. I added 1 quart of oil 1,000 miles ago and now the warning message comes on again. 2 qrts of oil burned in less than 5,000 miles!!!!!!!!!. The exhaust tail pipes show excess carbon build up so this engine is buring oil. Anyone else experiencing this? I am taking the vehicle in next w...
I dont want to trade it. Its 6 years old now and I love it. Tires wear out, but its a high performance car. Heard other model year e63's had some problems.