Problems for specific Lexus RX330 years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported 2005 Lexus RX330 problems

Verified for the Lexus RX330

A shift "lag" may be noted when accelerating from speeds of 10 to 20 mph. A software update for the transmission control module has been released which may correct this concern. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.

30 Reports

Verified for the Lexus RX330

Various user interface issues regarding GPS, radio system, and heater controls, along with bluetooth operation have been addressed with a software upgrade. Our technicians recommend that if you have issues with these systems, checking for the latest software should be the first step in diagnoses.

7 Reports

Verified for the Lexus RX330

The supplemental restraints system (SRS) warning light may illuminate with code B0111 and/or B0116. Our technicians tell us Lexus has several service bulletins regarding the SRS system. It is not uncommon to replace one or more airbags to correct these fault codes.

4 Reports

Reported by mckstacy and 2 others for the Lexus RX330

Just spoke with my Lexus dealership.

Svc. Tech knew exactly what I was talking about and said he'd had "numerous" complaints. Basically, the problem is the SENSOR from the foot pedal to the engine. Very common in 04-06 RX and EX models!

He reported that THE SOFTWARE UPDATE does not stop the problem... And said there IS NO FIX, and that if I wanted to " fix it"... I'd want to consider going to a '07 model or newer. Said Lexus never s...

3 Reports