GMC Yukon XL 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Yukon XL 2500
- My Yukon has no power, won't start. The key remote isn't working either
- How do I remove the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL from the dash.
- Why dont't my back-up lights work when in reverse?
- 4wd problems. My 4wd would not engage, the buttons would only blink
- My front brake is sticking what could this be and how do I fix it
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
GMC Yukon XL 2500 Problems
A clicking noise may be noted from the turn signal flasher after the turn signals are switched off. This is commonly cause by a faulty turn signal switch which will require replacement.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
GMC Yukon XL 2500 Questions
I REPLACED THE AUTO RIDE ELECTRIC SHOCKS WITH REGULAR H.D. TRUCK SHOCKS.THANKS
The bulbs aren't blown. I checked the fuse in the fuse box under the hood.The problem occured when I hooked up the wiring in the trailer plug to operate the trailer back-up lights.The trailer lights work now but I LOST THE VEHICLE BACK-UP LIGHTS.
GMC Yukon XL 2500 Recalls
All late model vehicles are equipped with a "Shift interlock" system that prevents vehicles with and automatic transmission from being shifted out of the Park position under certain conditions. Some of these vehicles are being recalled because they may have been assembled with a broken park lock cable or a malformed steering column lock actuator gear. Failure of these components can allow the shifter to be moved out of the Park position with the ignition key removed or in the off position. This can cause the vehicle to roll away unexpectedly increasing the risk of injury or a crash. Dealers will inspect the recalled vehicles and replace the steering column as necessary.
The steering gear pitman shaft may not have been adequately hardened and could break. If this occurs, a loss of steering ability will result, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the steering gear and replace the steering gear pitman shaft if necessary to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 12005.
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.