GMC Sierra 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Sierra 3500
- My air works great but when you cut truck off and remove key the ac blower keeps
- I have a intermitant problem rear windows are dead service 4wd comes on sontime
- Whats creating a clicking noise from my rear center cap/axle area.Dual rear whee
- Can the oil pump seal be replaced without removing transmission?
- How do you remove the starter?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
GMC Sierra 3500 Problems
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
Units with 4 wheel disk brakes may develop at situation where the park brake does not hold as it should. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by worn park brake shoes located inside the drum section of the rear brake disks. The worn shoes should be replaced and properly adjusted to correct this issue.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2001-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
GMC Sierra 3500 Questions
I've never heard of this .the only way to cut it off is to pull fuse under hood.other wise it will just keep running with switch off and no key.please help
The sound came on fast & is almost constant. Sounds like something is about to seize??
How do I remove the starter?
GMC Sierra 3500 Recalls
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
The wiring to the washer system heater may overheat due to a failure in the heater module. This could cause other electrical features to malfunction, smoke to develop, and an electrical fire could result. Dealers will install a wire harness with an inline fuse to protect the washer heater module. This recall is expected to begin on September 12, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08048.
GMC Sierra 3500 Reviews
My 1st diesel and I LOVE IT!!! The Duramax is a fantastic engine. Bought with 162,756 on the clock and she runs as new if not better. I just drove across the USA with ZERO issues, this is a keeper machine for me.
I bought this 3500 last week with a lot of highway miles but it runs like new. I am amazed at the power the 6.6 Duramax Diesel engine has, coupled with the Allison tranny, WOW! Best truck I have ever owned.
the best truck i ever owned. i got this one for work and its never let me down, even in the dead of winter. i have replaced the spark plugs and wires and maintain it to the service schedule exactly. this is why i own GMC trucks. i already have 58000 miles on it. i am told the water pumps on these babies tend to fail so i'm watching it close for leaks.