GMC Sierra 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Sierra 2500
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
GMC Sierra 2500 Problems
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) temperature and/or air delivery mode door actuator may fail, resulting in improper temperature or air delivery. If this occurs, fault code(s) should be stored in the HVAC control module which should assist in diagnoses.
A clicking noise may be noted from the turn signal flasher after the turn signals are switched off. This is commonly cause by a faulty turn signal switch which will require replacement.
The 4WD transfer case position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed.
GMC Sierra 2500 Questions
the plug gap changes to .040 from .060 with stock and platinum plugs. What are the bet plugs to use in my 6.0 liter engine?
I have a 2000 GMC 2500 pickup with a 6.0 I go to engage the 4x4 in 4 hi or 4 low or auto 4WD and it switches over and just blinks and dose not go into 4WD I replaced the front axle actuator and the encoder motor and the switch panel and still have no different results
no codes just comes out of overflow
GMC Sierra 2500 Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.
GMC Sierra 2500 Reviews
My sierra was a terrific truck until it spontaniously caught fire while the truck was off and parked in my drivway. If your blower motor stops or electrical things start becoming irratic gages...ect. Keep your truck out of your garage and get it checked. a.s.a.p.
Great truck over all, however mine's AC just stopped working out of the blue one day and even though all the fuses and relays are good the unit is still not getting any power
good ,reliable vehicle