GMC Sierra 1500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Sierra 1500 HD
- Battery Light comes on A/C etc stop running as well as fan Volt meter reads 14 v
- My ABS activates just before the truck comes to a stop.
- which sensor do you change, due to 4wd problem
- Very slow to take fuel. I have been told that it could be a fuel filter?
- truck will not start and cant find the problem might be electrical issue notsure
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
GMC Sierra 1500 HD Problems
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
A clicking noise may be noted from the turn signal flasher after the turn signals are switched off. This is commonly cause by a faulty turn signal switch which will require replacement.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
GMC Sierra 1500 HD Questions
Service 4wd light is on having the exact same problem as listed on a few of the reports, which sensor do you change?
truck has new starter , new battery , all fuses have been checked, but when trying to start vehicle nothing happens , lights on dash come on but engine doesnt do anything, what other things can i check for or what might be the issue
Mostly happens under acceleration. I had the torque converter replaced but the noise is still there.
GMC Sierra 1500 HD Recalls
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
The wiring to the washer system heater may overheat due to a failure in the heater module. This could cause other electrical features to malfunction, smoke to develop, and an electrical fire could result. Dealers will install a wire harness with an inline fuse to protect the washer heater module. This recall is expected to begin on September 12, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08048.
GMC Sierra 1500 HD Reviews
Pretty nice truck to drive. Great for mountain trips and towing. Cons: had a few things break down, fuel pump x2, water pump, alternator, transfer case replacement. Overall I like the truck, but it's not real practical due to gas mileage.