GMC Savana 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Savana 2500
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Check Engine Light and Misfire Due to Stuck Fuel Injectors
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- why does it Lose power/stall when warmed up, approx 15 miles of driving?
- How much should it cost to replace a sticking lifter?
- I have a p1351 code on my van
- Replaced fuel pump fuel filter an crankshaft sensor rums fine toward put in reverse it dies an also when I turn corners it dies
- im having prob with mis firing
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
GMC Savana 2500 Problems
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
One or more fuel injectors may become stuck closed causing an engine misfire and the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us that this problem can be caused by some fuel additives. There are special procedures which may be able to restore the affected injector. If this fails the affected injector must be replaced.
GMC Savana 2500 Questions
I only needed a lifter repaired it was making a ticking noise and was charged for SEVERAL other things I NEVER was talked to about or gave the okay to fix all I needed was a lifter or two replaced so I want to know how much that should have costed me
i have a friend that has a very exp test device it tells him that all the cylenders on the pasenger side are mis firing at teh same time
GMC Savana 2500 Recalls
Certain vehicles are being recalled because if a crash were to occur not requiring deployment of the front airbags, the head of an unbelted front seat passenger could hit the instrument panel, resulting in personal injury because the panel may not sufficiently absorb the impact. As of this writing, General Motors is still working on a remedy for this concern.
IMPCO Technologies installed a compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel system as original equipment on certain 2011-2013 full size GM vans. These vans are being recalled because the electrical connector on the fuel shut off solenoid can corrode, causing the connector to overheat, increasing the risk of a fire. Both dealers and fleet operators will be performing the necessary updates to correct this concern. The corrections include: replacing the fuel shut off solenoid, fuel pump fuse, and adjusting the wiring routing.
Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans are used by the Explorer Van Company as the base vehicle for some of their van conversions. Certain Explorer vans are being recalled because the wiring under the power seats may not have been properly secured during vehicle conversion. The wires can be damaged by the seat mechanism resulting in an electrical short and possibly a fire. Dealers will inspect and replace any seat wire harness found to be damaged. If the harness is not damaged, it will be secured to prevent future damage.
GMC Savana 2500 Reviews
I have a 1999 GMC Savana 2500 cargo van with the 5.0L V8. I use this vehicle for work and I treat it pretty poorly, but it keeps coming back for more. I've replaced a transmission, alternator and it eats brakes because of the hills around here, but I expect that! I'll consider another one when this one is put out to pasture!
Our 1999 is the worest van I have ever had. It is so cheaply made. The spare tire cable broke and my spare fell off. My door locks are falling down inside my doors. My door panels are all cracking and becomeing so brittle. My radio only works when it wants to. The van body shifts or twists and binds the doors so they are real hard to open and close sometimes. The paint is peeling off in large c...