Chrysler PT Cruiser Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chrysler PT Cruiser
- Multifunction Turn Signal Switch May Fail
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Recall to Reposition High Pressure Power Steering Hose
- Software Updates for Powertrain Control Module Will Improve Shift Quality
- Software Updates For Powertrain Control Module to Address Erroneous CEL
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Chrysler PT Cruiser Problems
A defective turn signal lever (multifunction switch) can cause erratic operation of the turn signals and other exterior lights. Depending on the fault, a dead battery could result. Our technicians recommend replacing the failed switch.
Certain 2001-2005 models were recalled because the high pressure power steering hose could contact the transaxle differential cover and wear prematurely, causing a fluid leak. A Damaged hose should be replaced and correctly routed to prevent future damage. For more information on the recall, please click here»
Chrysler PT Cruiser Questions
I am having problems with my 05 pt cruiser I know its my vacuum line when I unplug one of my lines my cars sounds a lot better but when its hooked up it runs like crap can you help me
After every rain I have to replace the tail light bulbs because they get wet and burst. When I open the tail light assembly it is holding water. I tried drilling drain holes in the assembly but it did not work.
I pour coolant in the overfill and it comes right out the bottom. i cant fit under the car to see whats wrong. Hose, new overfill container? is there any way to get a picture of what it looks like?
Chrysler PT Cruiser Recalls
The rear quarter glass may separate from the vehicle. If the glass separates while driving, it could strike another vehicle or injure a pedestrian. In most cases, the glass will become loose before falling off completely. Dealers will replace the quarter glass on affected vehicles.
The left front brake tube may rub on the manual transaxle. If the brake tube were to rub through, fluid loss would occur, which could result in a loss of braking force to the left front and right rear wheels. A soft or low brake pedal may be noted and/or the low brake fluid warning light may illuminate prior to loss of braking ability. Dealers will install revised brake tubes to correct this concern.
The power steering pressure hose may contact the automatic transaxle, potentially damaging the hose. An underhood fire could result from the leaking fluid. Dealers will inspect the power steering pressure hose and retain or replace it as necessary.
Chrysler PT Cruiser Reviews
I have a 2001 PT Cruiser-engine mount problems, steering gear problems, electrical problems and the list goes on. Every time I take my car to the dealership for regular maintenance, I end up sending a whopping $800.00. I will never by another Chrysler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mom was driving our 2006 pt cruiser touring edition and the speedometer went down and up and the gas meter went to empty .
I have a 2001 pt cruiser and thought my car was posessed because my locks would lock and unlock, dome light would go on and off and car would ding indicating that a door was ajar. I was ready to go insane but when my Dad came to visit me he discovered there was a screw in the driver side door that was loose and it was connected to the grounding wire. When he tightened the screw all the clicks, ...