Chrysler New Yorker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chrysler New Yorker
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Chrysler New Yorker Problems
On higher mileage vehicles timing cover oil and coolant leaks, front crankshaft oil seal leaks, and valve cover gasket leaks are common. Our technicians recommend replacing the timing chain and gears if the timing cover is removed for resealing. It is also recommended to inspect the oil pan gasket and replace the drive belts and tensioners at this time.
A high pitched whistle type noise may be noted from the engine at idle. The repair for this condition can include replacing the idle air control motor with an updated part.
A rattle may be noted from the rear brakes when driving on rough roads. If the rattle is eliminated with light brake application replacing the rear brake pads with a revised part may correct this concern.
Chrysler New Yorker Questions
The a/c doesn't work and the p/s pulley broke today when driving it. I was wondering if its possible to get a shorter serp belt to bypass those 2 pulleys. I'm short on cash and can't afford to fix the p/s steering problems since it all leaks really bad. If its possible to just bypass ...
Changed the water pump and the stat it's still over heating
Chrysler New Yorker Reviews
kept going into limp mode, had to retrain the trans, but besides that its running fine
with a few mods to the suspension the vehicle is a great ride, and since it is a '93 it was due for replacement of struts and shocks, but could not get replacement air-ride shocks for the rear of the car so went with standard airshocks which made it a little stiffer ride, but still an all over great ride
This New Yorker I have the Transmission is not functioning, its gonna cost a lot of money to fix, other then that the car is great, anybody else have problems??