Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Suburban 2500
- What would cause my rear ac blower to not work and the front to go from blowing cold to hot without changing any settings?
- Which hydro boost brake is in my truck-JH2, JH6, JH7? How can I tell? 04 sub2500
- Ran it to over temp engine shut dwn slow melted engine temp sensor won't start
- Why Does AC Compressor Clutch Engage and Disengage
- Why do the Speedometer stop working
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Problems
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Questions
I turn it on and it turns on then off in like 30 seconds
My speedometer stop working on me
any advice on changing it also
Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Recalls
All late model vehicles are equipped with a "Shift interlock" system that prevents vehicles with and automatic transmission from being shifted out of the Park position under certain conditions. Some of these vehicles are being recalled because they may have been assembled with a broken park lock cable or a malformed steering column lock actuator gear. Failure of these components can allow the shifter to be moved out of the Park position with the ignition key removed or in the off position. This can cause the vehicle to roll away unexpectedly increasing the risk of injury or a crash. Dealers will inspect the recalled vehicles and replace the steering column as necessary.
The steering gear pitman shaft may not have been adequately hardened and could break. If this occurs, a loss of steering ability will result, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the steering gear and replace the steering gear pitman shaft if necessary to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 12005.
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Reviews
my suburban is beasted to a 5 foot lift kit 22in metal mulisha rims a 454 big bloch its maroon red with the roof cut out and replaces with a leather top that can be removed when needed i have a 1inch thick steel bumped on the front and back equiped with wenches i love my 1991 4wd 2500 k-5 series suburban
Have owned my 91 for 14 years and have just replaced the engine with a new long block for another 14 years
we have three burbs. 94,99, 2010 all 2500's. the 99 has a 7.4 and it now has 107000. the 94 has a 5.7 and 197000. great rigs and no ( dumb ) problems. basic maintenance and we take care of all of our things. some had problems but all car and trucks have their problem childs. take care of them and they will take care of you. father-in-law has over 200000 on one and 150000 on another. bes...