Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Silverado 3500
- My low gas light is on. I have replaced the gas pump and have full tank in the
- 3500 dualy how do you ajust the park brakes please disk brakes
- How do I replace a Blend Door Actuator on my dully. Passenger is COLD,driver-HOT
- 06 Chevrolet 4x4 is stuck in 4 wheel drive high and will not go back into 2 whee
- Driver side seat heat comes on all by it's self!!!!
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Problems
Units with 4 wheel disk brakes may develop at situation where the park brake does not hold as it should. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by worn park brake shoes located inside the drum section of the rear brake disks. The worn shoes should be replaced and properly adjusted to correct this issue.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Questions
My low fuel light is on. I have replaced the fuel pump in the front tank. I have a full tank in the rear tank and 1/2 full in the front tank.
When I first start the cold engine the Gage goes up then down to E and the light comes on.
I know It's not the fuel pump.
Any idea whats wrong.
Interior 2x4 switch will not work. Works on 4x4 low and high. also Check engine light is on.
Speedometer says 70 at idle.
Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Recalls
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
The wiring to the washer system heater may overheat due to a failure in the heater module. This could cause other electrical features to malfunction, smoke to develop, and an electrical fire could result. Dealers will install a wire harness with an inline fuse to protect the washer heater module. This recall is expected to begin on September 12, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08048.
Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Reviews
i work with this truck but the electrical system sucks Too many problems but great work truck diesel motor and tranny
I run a non-profit and we use this vehicle in conjunction with a summer institute we operate in the Ozark Mountains. We use the vehicle from May - September to pull a trailer with a payload of 10,000 + up and down the mountains of AR and MO all summer long. The vehicle has 174000 miles and the original brakes are still good. The only problem we have had is with the fuel injectors. When we pur...