Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD
- My truck wont engage into 4wd even though the indicator light says it is in.
- The engine light comes on and the code that comes up is reduced engine power
- running light failure passenger side, bulb is not burnt out and socket seems ok.
- with the 4 wheel drive engaged, when turning to the right l get a humming noise
- My 1500HD blows cold air on the driver side and hot air on the passenger side.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Problems
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Questions
is this a u-joint/cv-joint that is going out? Did not see
this listed as a choice? How difficult/exspensive is this
when i turn on the heat is blows cold air on driver side and hot air on passenger side what do i need to do to fix it
I'm trying to power my trailer batteries
I have a 1/2 ton if i put a fuse in stud 1
will i have power to my 7 pin?
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Recalls
The wiring to the washer system heater may overheat due to a failure in the heater module. This could cause other electrical features to malfunction, smoke to develop, and an electrical fire could result. Dealers will install a wire harness with an inline fuse to protect the washer heater module. This recall is expected to begin on September 12, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08048.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Reviews
The speaker have fallen apart on the passenger side in the door and the sound quality was poor from the start. The lights for the heater switch fail right after the warranty ran out. The first problem was the front wheel bearings they went bad within the first 20,000 thousand miles, shortly after the O2 sensors failed twice and were replaced under warranty.
I bought my Silverado brand new in 2005. Love the truck and will have it for many years.