Chevrolet Monte Carlo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Monte Carlo
- How do I reset the passlock when you replace the key tumbler
- I changed my thermostat an drove it an it all the sudden it got hot & now
- Why is my car losing power even while pressing pedal down 60 to 40 out of nowhere
- When trying to accellerate my car will rev up but doesn't want to get into gear
- White smoke out exhaust a stall and jerk when I accelerate..any suggestions?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Chevrolet Monte Carlo Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault.
Chevrolet Monte Carlo Questions
it's spitting water out somewhere underneath my thermostat housing
When at a steady driving rate, I get a slight jerking, and when accelerating (uphill or on the flat) it will jerk more, like it is shifting in and out of overdrive. Goes away when the tranny shift down into 3rd (or a hard accelerating to flooring it).
Chevrolet Monte Carlo Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will install two 13mm key rings and key insert into the vehicle's ignition keys to correct this concern.
Chevrolet Monte Carlo Reviews
I have an 2002 monte ss which I got brand new.I have had numerous problems with the car.Alot of the gm has no answer for.Within the first 2 years off have the car the electrical has gone haywire the lights flicker often,the turn signals work whenever,and my guages in my dash are all screwed up reading whatever.The paint on the car is awful.Within 3 years of having the car the paint was bubbling...
bought this car with 27000 miles on it about 4 and half years ago now has 44000 miles on it no trouble what so ever everything still works and runs great!!
Overall this car is great. I live in the Midwest which means I must handle extreme weather--cold or hot. This car handles very well on ice, however, it doesn't take much to get this car stuck in snow since it rides so low to the ground. For some reason, the radio facing gets abnormally hot to the touch. One major headache has been the breaks specifically the rotors. I've had to rotate and repl...