Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Avalanche 1500
- 4WD Transfer Case Position Sensor/Selector Switch May Fail
- Speedometer or Other Instrument Panel Gauge May Work Erratically
- Steering May Develop Clunk Noise From Upper Intermediate Steering Shaft
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- my 05 avalanche will not stay 2wd it will work iin 4wd auto
- My A.C.passenger side when ac is on blowing hot! and driver side blowing cold!
- The odometer readout is no longer visible.
- I have a sim. problem..bt w/chattering relay that drains battery.
- My truck wont start and it does not turn over. Not a single sound. Tried jumping it and it didn't work. The accessories do not come on either. It is completely dead.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Questions
I was told that the instrument cluster needs to be replaced. Is this an expensive repair or is it something I can do myself without being in a garage?
driveshaft is tooing and I have to change the tailend on. the transfercase
Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.
The tire and loading information label on the driver's side door frame may be inaccurate. A misprinted label could lead to overloading of the vehicle, which could possibly lead to tire failure and a crash. Owners will be provided with corrected labels and installation instructions. At customers' request, a dealer can install the label for them. The recall began March 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 05109.
Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Reviews
bought my 2003 new - like it but do have a couple problems -the last 3 years in a row ive had to replace all 4 rotors due to rust (truck has 63k miles)and sometimes it decides to go into 4wd by itself when you start it.(already replaced the switch) right now i need to replace the tailgate handle and need to know do i have to remove the interior panel to do this google says no but i cant see ho...
I loved my 2002 Avalanche! When the miles started getting high (80,000) I decided to trade for a new one. I'm a female and spend alot of time on the highway long distances. Soooo disappointed in the new ones! They don't have the compartments the older models have and the leather seats aren't nearly as comfortable! Really miss my '02
I love my Chevy Avalanche, it is the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned but I have one complaint. It is on my mind right now as winter is beginning. In the winter the tailgate freezes closed and when I do get the door loose, the latch freezes so the tailgate falls open when I drive. Sometimes the handle frrezes so I can't operate it to open the tailgate. If anyone has suggestions, I'd...