2000 Dodge Ram 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Dodge Ram 3500
- Replace Pressure Solenoid in Transmission Valve Body to Fix Transmission Bucking
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- Oil leaks from valve cover, intake manifold, and timing cover gaskets
- Increased Oil Consumption Due to Intake Manifold Plenum Gasket Leak
- Engine oil leaks at distributor may be misdiagnosed
- Won't down shift and jersey and backfires but runs fine if you manually shift it
- Rpm gauge and speedometer acts erracticallyrpm goes down then goes back to norma
- 2000 5.9l 3500 4x4, speedometer flucuates and cruise inop. Speed sensor or no?
- Both Electric mirrors do not work. Switch Problem Or Motor problem? .
- My van will turn over but it does not start.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2000 Dodge Ram 3500 Problems
Replacing a pressure solenoid valve in the transmission valve body may fix an issue where the transmission "hunts" between first and second gears. Our technicians report that customers sometimes describe this complaint as surging or bucking.
If a Check Engine Light illuminates indicating leak detection pump (LDP) failure, the cause is often pinched or disconnected vacuum lines to the pump. Vacuum lines should be inspected before replacing the leak detection pump. Contamination (carbon or debris) in the pump can cause failure and any hoses should be cleared before a new pump is installed.
On the 3.9L V6, 5.2L V8 and 5.9L V8 the Oil leaks commonly from the valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets (front and rear), timing cover gaskets, distributor O-ring, and the rear main seal area. Using fluorescent engine oil dye can be helpful in determining the source(s) of the oil leak.
2000 Dodge Ram 3500 Questions
Not often it happens usually after a few minutes of taking off driving
Ran the "KEY TEST" P-1693 and P-1765 codes indicated. What to replace first?
I checked the fuse box under the dash & under the hood could not find it. Could it be a breaker or relay. problem. Neither mirror works.
2000 Dodge Ram 3500 Reviews
Have a 2000 Dodge 1ton 4x4 cummins diesel, standard shift. Engine will run until you turn on the headlights, then engine just shuts off like turning off key. Any suggestions?
I have 9 dodges got rid of all my fords dodges get better mpgs my 2001 HO gets a solid 24mpg my 1990 has 800,000 miles ,yes 800,000 has never broke down leaving me sit. I have replaced many parts as PM motor runs as good as the day i bought it the interior are crap but its an all around great work truck ,if you want a cumfy ride buy a chevy if you want to sit on the side of the road with an eng...