2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
- Replace Pressure Solenoid in Transmission Valve Body to Fix Transmission Bucking
- Water Leak Due to Faulty Rear Window Seal
- Numerous Conditions May Cause Engine to Crank But Not Start
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- 96000mi, it starts less than half the time. Turn the key to run, hear fuel pump,
- My truck just shut off. No sputter. Was like the key was turned off.
- cummins deisel wouldnt shut off so i pulled th bat and alt to shut it off. now truck wont do anything when u turn the key on and I need to mve it. any way to make it run?key is in ignition and ignition is on.
- I have a stock 05 5.9 is starts fine but runs horrible black smoke rolls from it
- put er in Drive motor revs up 1000 rpm and in Reverse 1200 rpm
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Problems
Replacing a pressure solenoid valve in the transmission valve body may fix an issue where the transmission "hunts" between first and second gears. Our technicians report that customers sometimes describe this complaint as surging or bucking.
On some models a void in the rear window seal may cause a water leak. Water may be present on or under the carpet. The seal will need to be replaced if that is the source.
If the engine is difficult to start or cranks but does not start, it can be caused by a leak in the return side of the fuel system. This type of leak can allow air to enter the injection pump resulting in starting issues. A rubber hose on the back of the injection pump, connecting the pump to the steel hard line, that can be the source of this type of leak.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
i DROVE MY TRUCK HOME WAS RUNNING JUST FINE PARKED IT . WENT TO START IT THE NEXT DAY AND IT TURNS OVER BUT WONT START GOT A CODE P0483 REPLACED CLUTCH FAN BUT TRUCK STILL WILL NOT START CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A IDEA ON WHAT I CAN CHECK FOR OR DO TO GET HER GOING AGAIN
Recommended at my last oil change at 40K
2nd and check engine light on.he tried replacing the "throttle control accuator" and it was not the problem.he said he was not familiar with the codes pulled up and i should take it to a dealer. instead i took it to a diesel mechanic.he said he traced the problem to the electronic contr...
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Recalls
Upon deployment the driver's front airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the driver's front airbag inflator to correct this concern. Note: this recall supersedes, in part, recall #14V-354.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
The left and right tie rod assemblies are part of the front steering linkage, Certain trucks are being recalled because the left tie rod can break unexpectedly. This can result in loss of steering control. Dealers will inspect the steering linkage and install a new left tie rod assembly as necessary to correct this concern. This recall supersedes a previous recall, some vehicles repaired under the first recall may require an additional repair.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Reviews
This is my first truck and I have to say I am very dissapointed. I have had nothing but problems and they are always the same problems. First I went through 3 transmission solenoids in one year, then 1 TCM, plus a leak in the EVAP system 4 times all of these things in one year. Now for the good things, the truck has lots of power and 4X4 has gotten me out lots of trouble in the winter snow and ...