2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Dodge Ram 2500
- Replace Pressure Solenoid in Transmission Valve Body to Fix Transmission Bucking
- Water Leak Due to Faulty Rear Window Seal
- Cleaner/Disinfectant Issued to Address Musty Odor in AC System
- Increased Oil Consumption Due to Intake Manifold Plenum Gasket Leak
- Check Engine Light Due to Pinched Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Lines
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Problems
Replacing a pressure solenoid valve in the transmission valve body may fix an issue where the transmission "hunts" between first and second gears. Our technicians report that customers sometimes describe this complaint as surging or bucking.
On some models a void in the rear window seal may cause a water leak. Water may be present on or under the carpet. The seal will need to be replaced if that is the source.
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
when using the heater there is no in'between as far as temp control either the heat is full on or full off
with ac/heater running
The diagnostic code Im getting is p0058 I was told that their is 3 Possible Fixes for this code. Replacing the Pcm is one of them. Where it is Located at So I can Change it??? The Parts store told me in order to Know Which one My truck has I Need to find it and get a number off of it Before they ...
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Recalls
The left and right tie rod assemblies are part of the front steering linkage, Certain trucks are being recalled because the left tie rod can break unexpectedly. This can result in loss of steering control. Dealers will inspect the steering linkage and install a new left tie rod assembly as necessary to correct this concern. This recall supersedes a previous recall, some vehicles repaired under the first recall may require an additional repair.
Certain vehicles may have been assembled with a left outer tie rod ball stud that may fracture; others may have received the affected tie rod assembly as a replacement part during normal service. This condition tends to occur during low speed parking lot type maneuvers when the driver is making a tight turn. This condition could result in a loss of directional stability in the left front wheel, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the tie rod ends, replace the left outer tie rod end as required, and perform a front end toe alignment as needed. The manufacturer has not yet provided an owner notification schedule. The Chrysler recall number is L16.
Chrysler has recalled certain 2002-2009 Dodge Rams (1500/2500/3500) because the wiper module assemblies may be susceptible to water intrusion, which may result in partial or complete loss of windshield wiper capability. This may cause reduced visibility for the driver, which could result in a crash. Dealers will replace the wiper module assemblies with vented wiper motor housings.
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Reviews
. HEAT/DEFROST DIRECTIONAL CONTROL QUIT WORKING IN MAY 2010. THE AIR FLOW IS STUCK ON DASH. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE WITH WINTER APPROACHING. THIS IS A WIDELY REPORTED PROBLEM ON THE ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUMS SUCH AS EDMUNDS. THE CHRYSLER DEALERSHIP I CONTACTED IS WELL AWARE OF THE PROBLEM THAT INVOLVES EXTREME TORQUE APPLIED TO THE VENT DOORS BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS WITH THE ELECTICAL CALIBRATION OF ...