2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Problems
A honk, hiss, or groan noise may be noted from the steering during low speed parking lot maneuvers. Our technicians tell us that replacing the power steering return hose may correct this concern, If it does not the steering rack and pinion may require replacement.
A harsh 4-3 downshift or other shift quality issues may develop. Revised transmission control module (TCM) software has been released to address these concerns.
The Electronic Stability Program (ESP) warning light may flash, or the pump may howl or groan after a turn. Our technicians tell us that updated anti-lock brake system control module software is available for these concerns.
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Recalls
The spindle nut may be missing from the front wheels of some vehicles. A front wheel may come off and cause an accident. Dealers will inspect for missing nuts and will repair affected wheels. This recall started on November 2, 2009. The Chrysler recall number is J27.
The tire pressure monitor (TPM) sensors may not transmit the actual tire pressure. The driver may be unaware of low tire pressures. Low tire pressure could result in tire damage and cause a crash without warning. Dealers will replace the TPM sensors. The recall began February 9, 2009. The recall number is H41.
The "Start/Stop" button may be utilized to shut the vehicle off while not in the "Park" gear. If this occurs, the vehicle could roll away unexpectedly. Dealers will reprogram the wireless ignition node module to eliminate this possibility. The Chrysler recall number is H29. This recall began on September 15, 2008.