According to The New York Times, selling gas just isn’t what it used to be. With profit margins disappearing due to factors such as state environmental requirements requiring costly upgrades to equipment, it simply no longer makes sense to sell gas. While some gas stations have diversified to highly profitable offerings (repairs, emissions testing, and selling candy), many have stopped selling gas altogether. They’re simply shutting off the pumps.
Gas Stations No More?
By Andy Y - October 29th 2008
- Understanding Tire Pressure and the Dangers of Under- and Over-Inflating
- Car Diagnosis Made Easier With RepairPal’s Symptom Guide
- 3 Tips For Driving Safely in Snow
- Honor, Courage, Commitment: Read Jacquie's Story About Finding A RepairPal Certified Shop When She Needed It Most
- RepairPal's Tips for Getting Your Tires #WinterReady This January