According to The New York Times, selling gas just isn’t what it used to be. With profit margins disappearing due to factors such as state environmental requirements requiring costly upgrades to equipment, it simply no longer makes sense to sell gas. While some gas stations have diversified to highly profitable offerings (repairs, emissions testing, and selling candy), many have stopped selling gas altogether. They’re simply shutting off the pumps.
Gas Stations No More?
By Andy Y - October 29th 2008
- Regular Unleaded Gas? What Different Gasoline Types Mean
- What Is PZEV and How Is It Fueling the Need For Alternative Fuel?
- Love Your Car and the Earth? Think Green With Your Automobile
- Using the RepairPal Cost Index to Compare Cost of Ownership Among the Top Hybrids
- How Much is Your Car Actually Costing You Each Year? Figure it Out with the New RepairPal Cost Index.