car was given to me tried to start it but when release keys it doesnt run was told fuel regulator but checked it and it holds vacuum found huge hole in air intake hose would this hole prevent running or could have fouled plugs so it wont run owner states car ran when parked then wouldnt start
wont start on 1990 Ford Taurus
Asked by for the 1990 Ford Taurus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by backyard tech ,
July 30, 2009
Bad ignition switch. Could be the electrical or mechanical portion. Most likely the electrical.
1 answerSeptember 28, 2010
Verified for the Ford Taurus57 reports
Verified for the Ford Taurus33 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Car is leaking from around water pump but is not the water pump! Firestone said,
- I spilt soda all over the middle console 10 min. later the heater went crazy?
- Codes that are showing are p0351 and p0353. Says ignition coils A and C.
- how to program the cluster on the dash
- When I crank my car the car studders and stops. I let it rest for 15 minutes.
1990 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Fort Shaw, MT
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($384 - $623) in Oxbow, NY
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($181 - $335) in Oshkosh, NE
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Morton, WA
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($361 - $834) in Swain, NY
- Window Switch Replacement ($153 - $202) in Amsterdam, NY