Car Questions

Window problems

(2001 BMW 325i)
in Hot Springs National Park, AR on April 28, 2009
drivers window keeps breaking regulator what could be causing this
Displaying 1 answers & 1 comments
Has the car been in an accident or the door itself got any damage to the channel that the window glass slides up and down in? Try lubricating the window channels with aerosol spray silicon available at a car parts store or hardware store. It will lessen friction between the glass and channel but I would closely inspect the internal workings of the door.
Hot Springs National Park sounds wonderful ! I love the National and State Parks.
on July 22, 2010
I've had to replace the window mechanism on 3 of my 4 windows, and now one will need to be replaced a 2nd time. I think it's a design flaw in the 2001 328xi, to be honest.

The door would stick or not open all tge way then one day the wire snapped on the outside of the car under the 3rd ro...
The truck runs fine had to replace that BCM about 3 months ago because my lights and my windows wouldn't work. After ...