Car Questions

WHERE IS THE SWITCH FOR THE DOOR LIGHT? RADIO PROBLEMS?

(1997 Lincoln Town Car)
in Rutherford, NJ on January 02, 2011
WHEN I OPEN THE DRIVER DOOR, THE LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON.
WHEN I OPEN OTHER DOORS THE LIGHT DOES COME ON.
WHEN I OPEN THE DRIVE DOOR, THE RADIO DOES NOT GO OFF.
WHEN I NEED THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS, I HAVE TO PUT THE LEFT TURN SIGNAL ON. IF I NEED TO JUST CLEAN THE WINDOW, THEN I CAN JUST PUSH THE BUTTON AND THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS DO GO ON.
ALSO, I HAVE LIMITED IF NON AT ALL AM RADIO. ONLY 1010 WINDS IN NY AND WBBM IN CHICAGO. ALL ACROSS FROM NY TO CHICAGO NO AM STATIONS COME IN AT ALL.
BELIEVE THE PROBLEM IS IN THE STEERING COLUMN. BUT THE MECHANIC WORKED SEVERAL HOURS OVER 4 DAYS AND COULD NOT FIND THE PROBLEM. WHERE IS THE SWITCH FOR THE DOOR LIGHT?
CAN YOU HELP?
THANKS
GWEN RADLOFF

Displaying 2 answers & 1 comments
on January 02, 2011
Yes, the door ajar switch is on the latch. See dandd's response to your question asked above.
of Joels Auto Service on January 02, 2011
the spring loaded switch is on the side of the dashboard where the door would hit when closed.its about one half to three quarters of an inch long.
on January 02, 2011
The switch is not found on the side of the dashboard.
Could it be inside the door itself?
Gwen Radloff

Everytime I start my 2003 Lincoln Towncar, my windshield wipers come on and do 2 wipes and then stop. I was thinking ...
I have a 1999 Lincoln Town car. The blower will only run on high. I can not adjust from low to high but can move blow...