Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Where do i get a egr valve position sensor?

(1999 Ford Taurus)
in Williamson, NY on March 15, 2011
Went to autozone and they gave me the wrong sensor that will not fit. I took it back and they told me there was a design change. they could not locate the correct one and i can't find it anywhere. they are all the new design that does not work on my 99.
Displaying 1 answer & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on March 15, 2011
Try the dealer parts department. If you don't want to buy it from them, at least get the correct part number so an auto parts store can order it. I recommend going to a mom-and-pop auto parts store where there may be a more knowledgeable person to help you, too. Some things aren't correct in the parts catalogs but an experienced partsperson knows what fits the application anyway.
Sign in to reply
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Cover over air bag passenger side is melting(plastic sticky) i know weird, low mileage, garaged well cared for, canno...
I have a 97 ford taurus and the heater core gets clogged easily and i have to keep it flushed to keep heat in the veh...
Didn't find what you were looking for?