Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Where can i get a seal for where the drive shaft fits into the transmission?

(2001 Ford F-150)
in Statham, GA on December 06, 2011
I have replaced the drive shaft but now I'm leaking fluid where it inserted into the transmission. I bought the drive shaft at a salvage yard and didnt have a good experience. would I be able to get that sort of thing at autozone or advance or something like that?
Displaying 1 answers & 1 comments
Popular Answer
on December 06, 2011
You most likelly need a Transmission tail shaft seal but you have to check the drive shaft too(the part that slides into the transmission) it has to be clean and shinie before installation. You can buy the seal any of the known parts store for a few $.
on December 06, 2011
Also inregards to the drive shaft. The shinny end of the drive shaft ( the slip yoke/ or fixed ) that slides into the transmission tail housing, check it for run out. If there are worn groves in it your going to have a sealing issue. Run your finger along the shinny part and see ifts bowed or hour glassed.
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
When the temp guages gets almost to normal temp then kicks on loud ass fans under the hood. Temp gauge gets to almost...
Just started, but I did add some transmission fluid and drove it. Still no reverse
Didn't find what you were looking for?