RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: What is the slider part called that is bolted to the bottom of the window? on 1998 BMW 328i

My window went down and I heard a loud clunk. Then my window wouldn't go up or down. I could still hear the motor engage. I took the door panel apart and found that the spring on the end of the window cable had broken out of the window slider. That piece is the only thing keeping my window from working properly. What is that piece called and where would I find one?
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
The dealership calls it a slider for your window regulator. Be thankful its not the regulator. They are better than a hundred dollars. Your sliders cost about 10 to 15 dollars at the dealership. The sliders are only sold at dealerships. Thats why so many people buy new regulators. They do not know.
| |
Window regulator? Not sure if there is a Napa in your area or look at Napa or Rockauto on line There is a company that independent auto repair shops get their information from, this same information is available inexpensively for people that work on their own cars.. The information is year make and model specific, covering repair procedures, torque specifications, fluid capacities and specifications, service bulletins, component locations, wiring diagrams ect.... Alldata is very easy to navigate
Didn't find what you were looking for?