Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

What is the plastic piece under the front of my car for?

(1999 Saturn SC2)
in Milaca, MN on October 27, 2014
It's broken off a couple of times; usually when I get to close to the curb.
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on October 27, 2014
OR you mean the thing that looks like a scraper blade that sticks down below and back a little ways from the front of the bumper?... Any problems with the engine temperature if it's not on there??
Sign in to reply
on October 27, 2014
I assume you mean the large flat plastic shroud under the front of the car. Basically it is a water and debris deflector to protect the components from excessive water, branches, twigs, garbage and other debris from hopping up into the engine compartment.
Sign in to reply
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Both hoses to heater core are hot, so i know the coolant is flowing, not blocked. how do i identify the air blender a...
How do you replace a power steering pump on a 2003 ford taurus 3.0 liter engine
Didn't find what you were looking for?