RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: what is fair price to replace something called the "oil pan" or "gasket Pan"? on 2002 Buick Rendezvous

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
oil is leaking out. first I went to independent mechanic & that's what they told me. then I went to Buick & they said there was no leak but oil was all over the place & to come back (no charge) if leak reappeared. I went back after observing oil starting to leak again & they said the something another
pan (sorry I don't recall name) needed replacement. thank you.. I see the drips on paper I've placed in the garage under the car.
The most common places for a 3.4 engine to leak are the intake manifold ends and the oil pump drive located under the rear of the intake manifold. See if someone in your area can add a flourescent dye to your oil and pinpoint your leak to properly diagnose it.
Didn't find what you were looking for?