RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: What do i need to fix if I found water in my oil pan? on 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

Was driving on the freeway then my car suddenly turned off. I had it towed home. Checked the oil and noticed it was extremely high, so when I went to drain it about a quart of water came then the i was told to change the head i bought the head gaskets, but upon further research ive read that the intake manifold can cause this my question is what do i need to repair?? I'm kinda stuck on what I should do...plz help
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
There's no reason for a head gasket to leak water/coolant into the engine oil... Regardless of what most say!!!! The intake manifold itself needs to be replaced! Be sure the get the gaskets 'with' the manifold! .. Don't try to reuse the old manifold with new gaskets... replace it !
Thank you very more question...if you dont mind? Do i also need to get the intake manifold?
Didn't find what you were looking for?