Car Questions

What could be my transmission problem?

(2003 Ford Taurus)
in West Columbia, SC on March 31, 2011
I parked my car at night and the next mornig when starte, car would not go move. Put in reverse, backup lights came on. Put in drive 1 & 2 and nothing. Checked transmission fluid was about 8 inches above full line. Ran car 30 minutes, checked fluid and was all the way to the top of the dip stick. Could it be the filter causing the problem or th PCM. Reason asked about PCM is that 2 days before car cut off several times going to work while driving and at light. Started right back up and felt little slip/jerk in transmission. Car has 67000 miles on it. I am surprised at the complaints I have read online that Ford hasn't done a recall.
Displaying 2 answers & 2 comments
on April 06, 2011
I think the front pump in the transmission has failed. I don't think anything the PCM can do will cause the fluid level to rise. You need to get the car towed to a transmission shop or a Ford specialist.
If you want to find a specialist, here's a directory link for you:
on August 29, 2011
I know it has been a while but I still don't have my transmission fixed. I had someone drop the pan and check tomake sure the filter was still attached. Now there is no fluid in the trans. Do you have any idea what the cost would be for the replacement of the front pump? do you have to do a complete rebuild to correct the problem? I have been told around 2200 for a rebuild.
on May 11, 2011
check psi if 0 psi it will be oil pump shaft or converter if OK check o/d one way clutch
on June 13, 2017
how do you check the psi?

Air conditioning has been working on and off. I took it one friday to show the service porter that the air conditione...
I had the intake manifold gasket and thermostat replaced at the tune of 676.00 in Jan. Now the van broke down suddenl...