Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Water hose leak

(1997 Ford Crown Victoria)
in Upland, CA on August 05, 2010
water hose leaking under the intake manifold and above the block. What hose is that for, and how do I get to it?
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on September 05, 2010
It is the heater bypass pipe. It is a common failure, and sometimes misdiagnosed as a failed freeze out plug. The intake manifold has to be reoved to replace it, and being the intake has coolant leak problems of it's own, I would replace that as well, unless it already has been done
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
When the temp guages gets almost to normal temp then kicks on loud ass fans under the hood. Temp gauge gets to almost...
04Buick Century overheating. Changed a small u shaped hose that had a pin hole leak. It still running hot and losin...
Didn't find what you were looking for?