Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance


(2000 Hyundai Accent)
in Lakewood, NJ on May 13, 2009
Recently, car required a valve job done by my mechanic. Sent letter to Hyundai
requesting reimbursement along with his letter detailing the problem and a copy of his repair bill. Hyundai wants to discuss details by phone, but I don't feel comfortable doing this and prefer to have the questions mailed to me. Hyundai refuses - must discuss by phone. Do I have other options to get reimbursed?
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
Manufacturers generally require warrentee work to be carried out at a Hyundai dealer or authorized Hyundai repair facility. Had you contacted Hyundai when it was discovered your car required a valve job. I would imagine they will say "you didn't contact us to allow us to do the work and therefore won't pay." Without contacting them and seeing what they have to say it is too early to to contact the Bureau of Automotive Repair or the Better Business Bureau.
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
I have replaced brakes on my new rav4 2015 in 2016.I am told i have to replace it again 2018 .I complained the ver...
My 2016 Lincoln MKX came with 21” wheels for which tires are very difficult to find and expensive. Can I change the...
Didn't find what you were looking for?