Volkswagen Beetle TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Beetle TDI
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Inspect Brakes at Every Service as Rear Brakes Wear Out Quickly
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Is Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Synthetic oil a reasonable choice for my 2002 1.8 TDI
- I have a overheating problem I have changed water pump thermo flushed hoses
- my 1998 V.W. automatic, when drive is selected gear starts in 3rd and does not
- my turbo quit working but runs and drives fine.
- Were is hydraulic motor in my convertable in vw new bettle 2004
Volkswagen Beetle TDI Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Erratic turn signal operation can be a result of a failing turn signal flasher relay which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
Volkswagen Beetle TDI Questions
My 02 TDI New Beetle automatic has 67000 miles on it is driven less than 3000 miles per year. The only major repair was for a fuel injection pump failure. (Not an inexpensive proposition.) Otherwise all has been great and rarely to I get less than 30 mpg in town driving.
239,000 miles, had new cylinder head, rod brgs, pistons, rings replaced. due to broken exhaust valve. have replaced timing belt every 100k as suggested.
Volkswagen Beetle TDI Reviews
170k miles, car now has rebuilt trans, all components are in good service, with routine maintenece
I bought this car used. It is so much fun to drive. Gets great fuel mileage. Plenty of leg and head room. The only complaint that I have is that its sits very close to the ground and you really have to be careful on slopes. I love it. Yeah, I'm a chick and they say it's a chick car. Oh well.
All of a sudden I am experiencing the car fogging up inside and the defrost and heater will neither one clear it up. I had a mechanic and a glass company look at it and neither found any glass or mechanical leaks. The glass co. said it might be some break in the body of the car letting moisture in otherwise he can't think of anything else. car in good condition except biggest problem I have ...