Car Questions

Unusual acceleration problems

(2008 Suzuki SX4)
in Wells, VT on May 25, 2011
Car accelerated ,reved up and sped forward at a fast rate without my foot on the accelerator. Has anyone had similiar issues? Ours is a 2008 SX4.Would appreciate any input and how you were able to resolve the problem.
Displaying 3 answers & 0 comments
on May 26, 2011
Go to a shop ASAP and have the electronic throttle controls inspected and repaired ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here are some shops:

on December 11, 2011
First off, do you have cruise control? Did you inadvertently turn it on? Secondly, were your floor mats in the correct place? I have had this happen too me on many small Japanese vehicles, and 9 out of 10 times, it was my size 12 feet and big boots that where the problem (Hit the brake and gas at same time!), once in a Samurai, it was a floor mat issue, once in a Chevy Beretta it was an accidental cruise control engagement (My sausage fingers caused it)
on July 20, 2011
This happened to me today--scared the heck out of me....going to call dealer tomorrow.

A couple days ago I noticed my steering would suddenly pull to the left or right while driving at random times. Not a...
Several, dash warning lights began to illuminate when the problem started (chk engine, oil, skid control off, VSS?? i...