Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Turn into a type S

(1998 Honda Accord)
in Charlotte, NC on February 26, 2009
What does it take to turn a 3.2 into a 3.2S. Whats the difference in the 2 motors.
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on March 03, 2009
Are you asking about the Acura TL? The '99 Accord had a 3.0L V6

The Type S has different cam profiles, higher compression & redline, and the intake/exhaust flow more. It's probably more practical to find a J32B with ECU/harness than trying to retrofit your J32A to be up the Type S spec. The Type S also has different suspension/brakes and wheels. You might run into smog problems doing a motor swap like this so make sure you check the local laws
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Car can not be turned on and still have headlights and interior lights come on for several minutes before turning the...
Im looking into buying a 2000-2005 jeep grand cherokee with the 4.7l v8 (i like those years body styles). i have two ...
Didn't find what you were looking for?