Car Questions

Transmission shift problem from dead stop

(2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid)
in Burlingame, CA on August 17, 2009
I've noticed on numerous occasions that my 2009 Sierra Hybrid has problems finding the right gear when applying the accelerator from a dead stop. The truck starts to move but then you feel an abrupt and significaqnt lurch in momentum as it shifts from EV to gas. Is this normal? It reminds of the days when i was just learning to drive a stick shift. Not good.
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
on August 20, 2009
I have driven the Yukon Hvbrid and did not notice any "lurch" when the gas engine took over. I would think your local GMC dealer would be able to help you get to the bottom of this issue.
on May 25, 2011
I also have a hybrid and it has just started lurching. It does not do this all the time and of course it would not happen on a test drive with the mechanic. It happens at around 30 kph.

I just bought my 96 prizm, I was driving it home ( brakes are bad ) so as I went slow down I put the car in neutral a...
Recently my interior climate control fan stopped working. Turn the switch, nothing happens, on any speed. OK.. I we...