Car Questions

Transmission problems

(2001 Volvo V70 XC)
in North Las Vegas, NV on April 06, 2010
I just bought this car, and now I find out the transmissions go out. It has 68,000 miles and I don't know if I should keep it. Is there a way to prevent transmission failure?
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on April 06, 2010
There are a few things you can do. Go to a Volvo dealership and see if you can get a VIP warranty. It is an extended warranty from Volvo that is very similar to the Volvo warrant. You may have too many miles but I'm not sure. While your there, have the software updated in all the control modules in the car. And last of all, flush the transmission fluid every 30,000 miles. If you don't have service records, then have the fluid checked and flushed if it is dark or smells burnt.

Also there are two different sensors since there are two different transmissions for this vehicle, I was told it has ...
car over heated, and quit running. tow truck driver tried to restart, he held the switch in start mode for a long tim...