Transmission problems on 2001 Saturn L200

I recently changed out my A/C compressor. After I finished my transmission makes like a clunk when it shifts gears. I'm getting a IAT (Intake Air Temp) Sensor code, saying that it could be a bad sensor, faulty wire, or bad connection. Was wondering if anyone had any insight into this?

by in Stafford, VA on August 07, 2009
3 answers
ANSWER by on August 07, 2009
Is the sensor still plugged in properly? it could have been knocked out during the A/C work. Can't really say about the trans problem, maybe the extra load ( from the A/C compressor ) is effecting the shifting. Best of Luck!
2 people like thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on April 23, 2010
IAT is intake air temp sensor/plugs into air snorkle right after air filter bofore getting to throttle body/has tendency for broken wire right at sensor connector.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on November 03, 2012
I had this problem of shifting hard after i worked on the car. I left the vacuum hose off the air intake /filter housing. I reattached it and the shifdting returned to normal.
My fiancée and I were going from Lawrenceburg, IN traveling south to Louisville, KY for her company picnic at Churchill Downs. We made it to a truck stop about forty-five minutes away. We had sto...
Only when it is warm outside, I hear a fan revving up and my automatic transmission jerks when changing gears. The engine temperature gauge is not running hot. If it is cool outside then there are ...
My transmission doesn't want to change out. It's an automatic. I can stop,shut off the engineand wait a minute and restart and it will do fine for a little ways then do it again. Do you know what t...
transmisión corre 40 millas y se pone en nutral y para atras no se mueve en rebersa ni en nutral. transmission is 40 miles and put in neutral and back does not move neutral or revers.
Car shakes when car speed is between 50 & 55 MPH. Is this a transmission problem or something else.