transmission problems
1990 Jeep Wrangler

Transmission problems

(1990 Jeep Wrangler)
when I shift from 2nd to 3rd some times it grinds when it goes in then shifting from 3rd to 4th some times it grinds when it goes in.I just had a new trans and clutch put in and they turned the fly wheel down would the fly wheel have anything to do with it. Ive asked alot of people and I get all kinds of different answers maybe someone can help me Im about ready to put a new trans in again should I or shouldnt I TY paul
in Moriches, NY on April 01, 2010
1 answer & 0 comments
I talked to my auto tech teacher who was a former chrysler jeep and dodge technician. I have the same problem with my 2010 jeep wrangler sport. After searching our information database we found out that it is the lower shift boot that causes this. Im fairly sure this is a dealership part and a local parts store is not capable of acquiring these parts.
General Diagnosis
$88 - $111 Learn More

More and more often my car is not getting into next gear. i'm on the gas paddle it makes the sound of acceleration...
I was told it was just a service reminder. anyone else have that problem ?