Car Questions

Transmission problem

(1996 Plymouth Breeze)
in San Pablo, CA on February 28, 2010
I have just replaced the transmission but this transmission doesn't change gears when moving. However, when the car is not moving I can manually place the transmission in each gear level: 1st; 2nd; 3rd and reverse and the car will drive. Can you make a suggestion as to what the problem is?
Displaying 3 answers & 0 comments
on February 28, 2010
There is a problem with the replaced trans, it is not working properly. Take it back to who ever did the work.
on January 22, 2011
my car wouldnt shift out of low gear and it was stalling after it reached certain temp.My mechanic replaced the crank case sensor and the tranny started shifting again.
on September 27, 2010
speed sensor(s)

Mechanic has diagnosed our oil leak as caused by a worn-out head gasket. Not sure I should waste money on this car, a...
I've had my 2002 VW Jetta TDI for almost 2 years now. It has 148,000 miles on it. Recently, I noticed it's been takin...