Car Questions

Transmission problem

(2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara)
in Dayton, OH on October 02, 2009
Earlier this year I had to have my car towed becuase the alternater belt broke and the car died. It was snowing that day so i had it in 4 wheel drive. I had to leave the car and I'm not sure if it was still in 4wheel drive when it was towed. The day after I got the car back, the reverse quit working, it also doesn't shift the way it should when in drive. Could this have bent or damage a linkage in the transmission and cause this type of problem. I had not transmission problems at all before this incident.
Displaying 1 answers & 1 comments
on October 02, 2009
It could very well be that your transmission was damaged during the tow. They should ALWAYS use a flatbed to tow any AWD/4WD vehicle or this can/will happen.
on October 02, 2009
Thanks for your reply. Do you know where I can get a picture of what my transmission should look like. My brother knows a lot about cars and is going to look at it for me. Would be nice to have some type of diagram picture.

So I replaced the ignition switch which everywhere I’ve researched has said to do but it did not fix any of the probl...
Transmission keeps shifting to 3rd gear